Monday, September 06, 2004

Too much of a good thing

I've eaten far too much chocolate today, and now I feel ill. But it's so damn yummy! I particularly like those crunchy M & Ms... The ones with biscuity stuff inside, that come in the blue packet that's slightly smaller than the other two types. But it costs the same. Bastards. I mean, what? Is the biscuit centre more expensive to produce than just chocolate, or peanuts? Or is it just that the new flavour is interesting, so they can give you a little less, but you'll buy it anyway? Clever, clever bastards...
Today was a complete waste of time. It was my third day off work in a row, as I mentioned yesterday, and I did basically nothing. At all. I finished the PC version of Manhunt (although it was banned in this country, so of course I don't have it...), watched a few episodes of Family Guy, and walked to the local supermarket to get foody stuffs. Yay! what a fun-filled day... Still, it beat the hell out of working...
Yeah, I sometimes wonder about things like PC games, and playing PS2 and things at my age. Someone at work asked me a while back if guys ever grow out of the whole video game thing. And I said no, based on me and a few people I know. But I'm not so sure that ALL guys stay in this slightly childish, game-playing state. I mean, I still think toys in general are cool, and I quite enjoy the kids films that screen at work, like Finding Nemo, or Shrek 2... But then, I guess there are layers in those movies - like, for the kids there's "Ooh, pretty colours!" or "He farted! ha ha ha..." While for the older folks, there are more referential jokes, and slightly more sophisticated humour (although the whole pretty colours thing is cool, too.)
Anyhoo, I think I'm just talking (or writing) crap now. Uurgh, work tomorrow. My job is fairly cruisy, but it still seems too much like WORK, you know? I gotta invent something quick, get rich and retire...

No comments: