Well, okay, it's been a few days. I did wonder if I would have much to write about here when I started this.
Not a great deal Has happened this past week or so. I've spent more time than I'd like at work, making less money than I want. But I imagine that is a fairly common complaint. Let's see... Oh, I got two kittens yesterday. My parents picked up a stray cat a few months ago, which turned out to not be "fixed," and got knocked up by a local tomcat shortly after they brought her home. There was a reasonable period of "isn't the cat getting fat," before anyone picked up exactly why she was expanding so rapidly. And then, pop! and there be three kittens. Well, it was probably a little more drawn out and uncomfortable for the cat than pop! but you get the idea...
And so now I have these two little critters running around the house, getting into everything, attacking my feet, and mewling whenever they can't see each other. They seem to be coping well with not having Mum around any more (Mum-cat that is, not my Mum), but they don't like being alone. Last night one of them, Bernard, was sleeping on me while I was watching telly, and the other, Manny, was generally investigating (as cats do). Manny kept going out of the lounge to investigate the rest of the house, but would only be gone for a minute or so before he'd start meowing all pathetic-like, then come dashing back into the room, jump up on me, and check that Bernard was still around. Silly beasts...
Oh, and I also managed to fry part of my computer. I was bored so I gutted the beast and transferred its innards to a different case. Everything went fine, until I turned it back on. It was going long enough for me to check that everything was registering as there, when all this smoke started pouring out of it. I switched it off right away, and when I cracked it open, I found that the power cable to the floppy drive was cooked. It would seem that I didn't get it plugged in right, I think I bent the pins on the drive so the earth wires weren't connected. And the thing is, when I described this to people at work as "cool," they call me a strange guy. Actually, when I say that I spent Tuesday evening taking my computer to bits and rebuilding it because I was bored, I get some funny looks...
No comments:
Post a Comment