Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Nothing In Particular...

Well, I'm still here. It's funny - or annoying - during the day, when I'm at work, I think about all sorts of things that I would like to add to this blog, but I don't have access to a computer. Then when I come home I'm usually too tired to bother straight away, so by the time I sit down to make an entry, I can only vaguely recall anything from the last few days. Well, not anything, I can remember the mundane tasks of daily existence with reasonable clarity, but the more interesting ponderings that go through my tired old brain seem to get lost somewhere inside my head. I suppose it's just another wonderful part of getting older. Sigh...
Back to my cats - I am not getting enough sleep at the moment. Like last night, I got home from work at 11:30pm, and Bernard & Manny had been home alone all day, so they were in a playful mood. This playfulness carried on through to quarter to one, when I went to bed. They were quiet for about 15 minutes, then they came to visit me in bed, attacking... well, all of me. They basically jumped all over me, clawing and chewing anything they could get purchase on through the covers. When they got tired of this, after about half an hour, they started fighting with each other - using my bed as a battleground. After a few minutes of this, they settled down again, and just slept on me, in that way that cats do when they find a good, annoying part of you to lie on and then refuse to move. So I drifted off to sleep, for all of about two hours, until somewhere around four they started up with everything again. They are very cute, but I think I may have to kill them. I thought about shutting them out of my room, but I suspect they would sit outside the door and make a fuss, so I still wouldn't get much sleep. Sigh again...

No comments: