Well, it's my last night at home before the big trip northwards. I'm going to be away for more than two weeks. Wow...
I was just listening to Weird Al, among other things, and the song Bob. It's a big run of palindromes. My favourite that I picked out this time was "May a moody baby doom a yam." Brilliant...
I'm also trying to finish my last pack of cigarettes. I've been drinking this afternoon (surprise, surpirse) and felt like having a smoke. My curent plan is to stop smoking while I'm away on holiday, and try not to start again when I go back to work. I think this'll work out okay...
I noticed that my brother replied to my last couple of posts, and thinks that my having blue hair like an anime character would be cool. I tend to agree - if'n I can find the product, it'll be blue hair for me!
I am disappointed with TV these days. I still watch bits and bobs, but most of the TV programmes I watch are things I've downloaded, that may be on tele here in a few months. I guess it's one of those things you have to live with in a smallish country - we will always be behind the US and UK in terms of current programming. Nut it makes the internet and Broadband all the more better.
All the more better? Christ, that seems like terribe english. But what the hell, language is always fun to abuse.
I wonder when the next parts of Nightwatch will be released? I really liked the first part, and am dead keen to see the rest of it. Vampire stories are generally very cool. It's funny, I would imagine that when things like Dracula were originally penned and unleashed on the public of the time, they were probably quite shocking and horrific. These days horror has become quite mundane, quite run of the mill. It takes something quite special to have any real impact on todays jaded audiences. And I definitely include myself in that statement. I watched Final Destination the other day, and all of the key death scenes, the decapitations and blood sprays made me laugh. I am very rarely shocked by gore - most of it just tickles my funny bone. I find it hard to imagine a truly shocking film. I have seen movies that scared me - but it's definitely creepy, nasty stuff that has that effect, not gore or splatter. Films like In The Mouth Of Madness, or The Ring - stuff that leaves as much to the imagination as it shows. Because what goes through your head can be so much worse than anything that you see. Although the last sequence of Audition (a japanese horror) really made my flesh crawl. That is one seriously fucked up film. And the fact that it isn't supernatural, just a fucking psychotic woman makes it that much worse. Because you can always put some distance between the representationof ghosts and whatnot and the real world, but when the demented, evil character is just a regular person pushed beyond sanity, it is hard to push it back. Blurgh, I don't know that that conveys what I'm thinking, but I guess that people will get some idea of what I'm on about.
I'll be looking after my nephew tomorrow while my sister has her hair done. It's amazing how much little people change between times that you see them. I see Eli about once a fortnight, on average, and he seems to be growing at an incredible rate. And it's huge fun having a little person crawl all over you, and poke you with things, and tell you stories. It's about the most fun I've ever had. In fact breeding and training my own little people is one of the best reasons I can see for spending more time around other big people. It's just a shame that other big people mostly suck...
No comments:
Post a Comment