Why did I spell review "revue" in the title of my last post? Weird...
Anyways, I fell over the other day. Well, I slipped on the deck out back of my flat when leaving for work. It was dark (as it often is at 11 at night), and the deck was icy. I didn't even think about it, and just strode out toward the stairs. After a couple of steps, my front foot sort of tried to get away, and I did one of those terrible dances with my feet sliding every which way before crashing down on my left hip and elbow. It was quite a crash, too - a real "THUNNDD!" as I hit the deck. And all I thought at the time was I had to get up as fast as possible and escape into the night, before any of my neighbours came out to see what the noise was. All I was worried about was embarassment. It didn't even register until I was half way to work that I might have hurt myself. I just really hoped that no one had seen me. As it turned out, I was a bit achey at work for the evening, but there's been no lasting damage. Not even any bruising. But it's funny that my ego is far more fragile than my body...
Not much else has happened recently... I'm still "off the fags." Which is to say I have stuck to not smoking. Not anything to do with the gay people. I haven't been able to work out for sure if my recent tiredness stems from quitting smoking, but the timing is very similar between stopping smoking and finding that I can't get through a shift at work without falling asleep. Oh dear - Bob Clarkson was just on One news yet again. He says he's just a good Kiwi bloke. And I suppose he is. But I don't really see that as a good thing. Your average Kiwi bloke seems to be a bit sexist, a bit racist, fairly intolerant of any different type of lifestyle... Basically an asshole. But a nice, friendly asshole...
2 comments:
Thank God for your English ancestry!! Although that brings with it eccentricity, quirkiness and a great sense of humour it can include a tendency to ocassional bouts of gloom....And i hope your bruises are not too severe :)
Craig family motto "Vive ut vivas" - live that you may live forever
Cowens family motto "Sic itur in altum" - this is the way to heaven
Oglesby family motto "Tout jour' - to the end.
Don't they string together well! :)
Post a Comment