This'll be a fairly short post - not much to report, really. It's more of a comment on my last post. Which I suppose I could post as a comment, but never mind... It's just that in reading back over that post today, I noticed how many typos there are. It's pretty atrocious - I usually try to go back over things before I publish them. But I guess I was really tired, so it's excusable. Sort of... It's funny though, I was basically falling asleep in my chair at half past eight, but then ended up staying awake till 12:30... And when I finally went to bed, I only slept till around 3am, then got up and watched some old TV eps till half past five. I think that this whole night shift during the week and normal sleep at the weekend is starting to fall apart. I don't suppose it really matters - I can stay up all night in the weekend too, and sleep during the day, just like the rest of the week. It's just that it feels like I'm losing my weekend when I do that. What would be ideal would be to stop needing to sleep at all. It's such a waste of time that could be spent doing something... better. And yet I do quite like being in bed when it's warm and comfy. I think I might get a few audio books, so I can lie in bed and relax, and absorb stuff. Word stuff...
Why aren't there any 24 hour malls in Christchurch? I'd love to be able to go shopping right now. I can go to the supermarket - there are a few 24 hour Countdowns here, but I like to wander around stores like The Warehouse or K-Mart, where there is loads of cheap crap in all forms, from cheap crappy clothing to cheap crappy appliances to cheap but normal CDs and DVDs. I find that aimlessly meandering through department stores relaxes me. At least when there aren't too many people around. When stores or malls are busy, I get really anxious. People in bustling crowds make me either feel insecure or horribly angry. It's like when I hear groups of people laughing near me, I have a slight nagging suspicion that they might be laughing at me. Is that me being paranoid? I don't know...
2 comments:
We saw X-Men 3 today at the Porirua cinema, and man other people are annoying. They bring babies to the movies, and young children who talk and ask annoying questions, they chew loudly and rustle plastic bags through the whole frikkin' movie, and they are generally in my way when I'm trying to get some place.
I think it's pretty normal to get angry at stupid mother-fuckers when they're in your way :)
Yeah, that's one cool thing about going to the movies at 9:30 on a Friday morning - there are very few people. Although still not quite the no people I might prefer... It's amazing how crap some assholes can be. I had a group of three guys sit in the row behind me the other day, not directly behind, but further down. But when one of the stupid fuckers kept kicking the back of a seat, the bumping transferred along to me. It must have taken some effort to kick the seat too - I was in a cinema where the leg room was such that I almost had to lie flat on the seat with my arse hanging halfway off to reach the seat in front.
Post a Comment